JARD 2018 delivered another GREAT Jazz event for Asia
With a faculty of top New York jazz musicians, local jazz cats and 65 participants, the second edition of the JAZZ @ the RED DOT delivered another week of jazz instruction and performances culminating in the free public performance at the Singapore Botanical Gardens Symphony Stage. J@RD in 2018 saw participants come from France, Japan, Indonesia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines, making it a truly International Jazz workshop. In 2018 JARD introduced participant jam sessions, free faculty performance and much much more. JARD is here to stay and 2019 workshop launches on 1st December, 2018. Sign-up for our mailing list to get first dibs!
J@RD 2018 Highlights
Faculty Performance at The Play Den
- Faculty concert, which all participants attended for free.
- Group playing sessions with faculty feedback on different aspects of how to play together (interaction, accompaniment, groove, how to play with a singer)
- Innovative classes that integrates ear training, rhythm, and theory
- Guided Listening Sessions with focus on key recordings from each era of jazz (early jazz; '50s and '60s (bebop and hard bop); music of the 60s and 70s; modern jazz)
- Evening jam sessions for students.
BIG Thanks to 2018 Jam Session Partners
2018 J@RD Faculty
With our own Jazz Star - Alemay Fernandez
"(Her) voice is smoky rich and powerful...she is self-assured and pitch perfect." - Dee Dee McNeil